This Sunday, 5th September, we return to meeting at The Littlehampton Academy for the first time since March 2020. We plan for this to be our first Sunday back together with one service and no booking required. With such a large venue, there will be plenty of space, so please make this a priority to attend. We are so excited to see you all!
What to Expect:
- We meet at The Littlehampton Academy and there is parking at both Hill Road and Fitzalan Road entrances. Signs will direct you from the car park to the building.
- We will be serving refreshments from 10am including tea, coffee and snacks (no cold drinks this week). Please bring a reusable cup with you if possible.
- The service starts at 10:30am and will last around an hour. We plan to sing together, then there will be a talk for the children with colouring sheets after (please bring your own pens/pencils). Becca Jupp will be speaking to the adults from Acts 1 on Welcome Home, and we'll finish with a song.
Here are the steps we are taking to minimise risks and make church a safer environment (updated 9th September 2021)
- We encourage everyone to continue with regular Covid-19 testing at home and to stay at home if you or your family have any symptoms.
- Face masks are no longer mandatory by law, however, if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask you are very welcome to continue to do so.
- There will be hand sanitiser available as you come in and at various places in the building.
- Although capacity limits no longer apply to venues, we are still considering the risks of close contact. There will be fewer chairs with an increase between rows to allow people to keep socially distanced.
- We will not inform everyone if a positive case is confirmed but will instead focus on tracing close contacts. We advise you to use the NHS Covid –19 app on your phone which will inform you if you have been in contact with someone confirmed to have the virus.
- To increase ventilation the dividing doors between the main hall and atrium will be open creating one large space for people to use. As far as reasonably possible (depending on the weather) the main hall windows and fire exit will be open too.
- We will continue to supply stickers that you can wear to show whether you would prefer to keep a safe social distance or be happy for others to come close. These will be available at the entrance. Please respect the choices of others.
- We will also spray and wipe down all chairs at the end of the service before they are put away. Gloves are available for teams if preferred.
If you are unable to make in-person church, you can still continue to join us for a shorter service online at 10:30am on YouTube or Facebook.
See you on Sunday!