Are you passionate about empowering the church to build a bridge into the lives of people in the community? Do you want to tackle one of the biggest causes of poverty in the UK?
Christians Against Poverty runs a network of debt centres throughout the UK, each one in partnership with a local church. So Arun Church, in partnership with local churches and organisations, are recruiting for a Debt Centre Manager to run our existing debt centre for the Littlehampton area (covering Rustington, Angmering, East Preston and Arundel). This post will include communicating CAP’s debt advice to people taken on by the centre as clients. Therefore this support must be done in such a way as it positively reflects the Christian faith and the core values of the charity.
- £9,456 (SP17) – £10,035 (SP25) per annum.
- 16 hours per week. comprising of four sessions of four consecutive hours, wherever possible. At least two sessions need to be within normal working hours of 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Permanent Position, subject to funding.
At Arun Church we offer a range of activities and services tailored to the needs of the local community. These include The Wickbourne Centre, PlayCentre Pre-School and Nursery, CAP Debt Help, and Arun Youth Projects community youth service among others. Consequently we keep our focus on the safety and welfare of children and young people. And we also offer a fun, supportive team environment and rewarding work.
Due to the nature of this role in communicating the beliefs of the Christian faith, there is a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) that the post holder is a Christian. Appointment to the post will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Please download and read the information below. You should return your completed Application Form to us at the church office in The Wickbourne Centre, or via email to email@example.com.
The CAP Debt Centre is a joint initiative between CAP, Arun Church and a number of other local churches and organisations. As such, there is a multi-stage application process:
- Initial Application Closing date: 5pm, Monday 3rd February 2020
- Initial Interview: Week beginning 10th February 2020
- Secondary Application deadline: 5pm on Friday 14th February 2020
- Selection Day: Wednesday 26th February 2020
- Training: TBC